Are you an experienced behavioral scientist? Do you want to join a team of behavioral scientists, designers, and developers to tackle challenges in health, finance, and education? Do you want to work with an agile, enthusiastic, fast-growing company to shape the way that behavioral science is applied in the private sector? Read on.
This position gives you the chance to:
- Join a team of behavioral scientists to address pressing client challenges in health, finance, and education.
- Develop and refine a framework for applying behavioral science to product design and implementation.
- Enhance your ability to think deeply and critically about real-world challenges through the lens of behavioral science.
- Prove yourself a self-starter by coming up with innovative, evidence-based solutions to test, implement, and/or write about.
- Have the opportunity to communicate directly with clients and work toward building client relationships.
- Ensure that all of our recommendations are concretely based in behavioral science theory and robustly tested.
- Communicate the importance of taking a behavioral first approach to clients and demonstrate its effectiveness.
- Produce case studies using quantitative and qualitative analysis, blog posts, and white papers and how-to guides.
- Familiarize yourself with the latest findings in behavioral science. As the field continues to evolve, so will our work.
- Opportunity to transition into a leadership role within the behavioral team.
What you need to be successful:
- A genuine fascination and experience with behavioral science.
- An undergraduate or advanced degree in the social sciences and/or 2-5 years of professional experience in applied behavioral science is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and people skills; as a member of a small team, you will need to be able to both assume and delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Expertise in conducting research and running randomized controlled trials in a field setting.
- Comfort with a major statistical package (e.g. R or Python).
- Interest in working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and creative environment. If we have new ideas, we get to work on them right away. If you’re curious about what working in an entrepreneurial company is like, you’ll get a taste of that. If you are intrigued by a non-bureaucratic environment, then this is the place for you.
- Self-starting and positive attitude. We’re excited by what we do and we like to work alongside people who have a positive attitude and also get excited about new and creative ideas!
- We will contact qualified applicants for a first-round phone interview.
- Applicants should have an advanced degree or 2-5 years of experience in applied social science. If your background is unconventional for this position, use your cover letter to sell us on why you’re a great fit anyways!
- Our office is located in Washington, D.C. Remote applicants will be considered but preference will be given to those located in (or willing to move to) the Washington, D.C. region. Given the state of the country in the midst of COVID-19, moving date is flexible.
- This position receives benefits and is paid a salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
- Materials Requested: resume/CV, cover letter, and writing sample.
- Optional Materials Requested: coding sample
- Please send materials to Heather Graci via email: [email protected] with the subject line “Behavioral Scientist Application Materials: [Your Name].”
- Applications must be submitted by Friday, June 5th.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.